Harmony School’s talented and dynamic faculty and staff come together to create an open, welcoming community and to cultivate a unique, creative, and flexible environment for students. We work collaboratively with our students to achieve outstanding results.
Interested in joining our team? Review our current job openings to see if there is a place for you.
Harmony School, an independent school in Bloomington, Indiana, is hiring a full-time teacher for our 3rd/4th grade class to begin September 2022. If you dream of designing your own curriculum – then this is the opportunity for you.
Harmony utilizes a team-teaching holistic educational approach, and requires personalized involvement in all aspects of students’ development (i.e. academic, social-emotional growth, environmental awareness).
Looking for enthusiastic applicants, certification not required, who value interaction with students of all ages, and an interdisciplinary approach to teaching, and are interested in participating in a team concept of “shared decision-making.”
Send resume to: PO BOX 1787, Bloomington, Indiana 47402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Harmony School, in Bloomington, Indiana, is hiring for full and part time summer positions in our Early Childhood program.
Must have experience working with children, a COVID vaccination card w/booster, and enthusiasm for sharing outdoor and indoor experiences with children ages 3-6. Two references requested.
The Early childhood Program is a play based, hands-on learning environment. Some cleaning duties required.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
The Harmony wordpress website needs someone to keep it updated, attractive, and functional for viewers. This includes keeping it secure and up-to-date regarding back-end and front-end development/editing. Hours will vary between 5 and 10 per week.
HarmonySchool.org = WordPress site with the Avada layout theme and editor, hosted on Dreamhost. Domains are also on Dreamhost.
- WordPress Platform and the Avada theme (includes Fusion Builder & Elements, including elements such as sliders and portfolio pages)
- Monitoring the site’s performance
- Renewing/subscribing for plugins, domains, and server space
- Regular backups and updates – Updraft Plus backups (deleting old and saving new), scans and checks for potential problems (correcting problems if needed)
- WordPress plugin installs, set-ups, and maintenance
- Dreamhost – maintaining databases, domains, etc – Dealing with Dreamhost Support as needed
- Media gallery and media files, resizing (according to website needs), editing, and uploading
- Site Page Updates and content creation and editing according to needs and deadlines
- Formidable Forms (editing, revising, and incoming forms via email), embedding other form types such as JotForms
- Simple Calendar (connected to Google Calendars)
- Sorting emails and assistance for errors, edits, and additions
- Online security, includes Jetpack, Wordfence, ReCAPTCHAs)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Some experience with coding (foundational HTML, some CSS, Java-script, PHP, My SQL)
- A good understanding of website architecture, aesthetics, and terminologies. Constructive, attentive, a good eye for design, problem-solving and troubleshooting, willingness to learn, and working with the office team to discuss, support, update, and edit as needed.